Science writer Michael Pollan presents an honest and interesting assessment of the emerging science of microbiome health. Say Hello to the 100 Trillion Bacteria That Make Up Your Microbiome - NYTimes.com
The suggested trajectory of the research is that many health and dyshealth trends today might reflect the impacts of agriculural and dietary practices that impact the microbioecosystem we are.
As it turns out, we are a tiny 10% of our whole physiological self hosting the other 90% of microorganisms.
This research will challenge medicine that continues interventions like antibiotics that destroy our natural biosystems. It will challenge commercial food growing and processing practices responsible for massive profits and political advantages.